Zac, I completely agree with your thought that Little Five Points would be a good place to live. I did an essay on the town earlier in the year, and found it a hip, unique place to be. It does have good transportation due to Atlanta's MARTA system, however, I think Philly's transit system, SEPTA, takes the cake in this race. Everyone from Atlanta seems to complain about MARTA, while everyone in Philly usually would rather ride SEPTA into the city instead of drive. The transit system up there seems to be much more loved than the one down here. It services four different counties with buses, subways, trolleys, trackless trolleys, high speed rail and commuter trains. Although MARTA pales in comparison to SEPTA, there is a price to pay. A round trip ticket for MARTA is around $4 and SEPTA is about twice that. No matter, I can't wait to go home and ride the SEPTA train into the city and get cookies from Reading Terminal and a cheesesteak from Pat's.
Until next time,
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment