Monday, October 26, 2009

Back Home

How was that restaurant you went to Kelly? Would you consider moving to or a place like Atlantic Station? It really is a neighborhood of its own. Anyways, this past weekend I went back home for the first time in a while. And going home I really got to notice the little things I learned from Suburban Nation. The traffic I-85 has every dad is ridiculous, it will never get better and I believe it all comes from sprawl.

Snellville, the town where I grew up, has gotten even worse. It takes literally 20 minutes to get 2 miles to a friends house by car. The community is trying to add more green space however similar to Urban Hiking by constructing parks all over the town and building more sidewalks. It is an improvement by Gwinnett County is already too late. Georgia needs to learn from my town and try to save our state from this sprawl. People are not realizing it but the drive to the grocery store is becoming a longer trip every day and the wait at that red light becomes a longer line of cars each time they pull up. Sprawl is still a blurry subject to people; more advisement needs to be taken on sprawl to not just my community if Snellville, but the world. My home town is too late, but we can save the growing generation from bumper to bumper traffic everyday going to soccer practice.


Peace,Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment