Well Evan, this is also my first time writing in a blog also. I grew up in a very suburban area, living right next to my high school. Besides the walk to school, a car was necessary for everything including food, soccer practice, and haircuts. I enjoyed my neighborhood greatly though. But I can always see myself living in a small town in the mountains outside of sprawl. I lived in Snellville, which used to be a couple of dirt roads in about 1990, the year i was born. Now Gwinnett County has become a congested mess with traffic at every intersection. There are hardly any pedestrians anywhere. Whenever i go to Athens, Downtown Atlanta, or anywhere else similar to those style towns it is so different to me. I am not use to see bikers or crosswalks at every intersection. But in a recent attempt to build up our community's active life, parks have beginning to be built all around me. I think its a great idea. The communities all around me though were well off families. I typically seem to see that trend in similar communities. And the less well off families I saw more in old fashion neighborhoods and towns.
See you later,
Zac
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment